Wondering how to clean magnetic lashes? Magnetic lashes have revolutionized the beauty industry, offering an easy, reusable, and damage-free alternative to traditional glue-on falsies. However, to maintain their allure and longevity, these lashes require proper cleaning and care.
This article will guide you through the simple yet effective techniques on how to clean magnetic lashes, ensuring they stay as stunning and attractive as the day you bought them. Your magnetic lashes deserve the best care, and we’re here to help you provide that. So let’s dive in!
How to Clean Magnetic Lashes Quick Guide
By following these simple cleaning guidelines on how to clean magnetic lashes, you can ensure the longevity and optimal performance of your magnetic lashes.
- Micellar Water Technique
- Steam Cleaning Magnetic Eyelashes
- Cleansing Magnetic Lashes Using a Cotton Swab and Rubbing Alcohol
How to Clean Magnetic Lashes: Techniques
After briefly learning key techniques on how to clean magnetic lashes, it’s time to go into detail and explain each one.
Micellar Water Technique
This method is known for its simplicity. You’ll need a container to hold your lashes, and micellar water or eye makeup remover works well for this purpose. To remove the adhesive, follow these steps:
- Rinse the container thoroughly, and for better hygiene, consider disinfecting it with alcohol or chlorhexidine.
- Pour micellar water into the container and gently place the magnetic lashes inside, ensuring they are fully submerged in the liquid.
- Allow the magnetic lashes to soak in the container for 10-15 minutes, allowing the cleanser to thoroughly penetrate and cleanse the lashes.
- Using tweezers, carefully remove the lashes from the container and place them on a paper towel or tissue. Avoid using a cloth towel, as lint may become entangled between the lashes, compromising their appearance.
Steam Cleaning Magnetic Eyelashes
To quickly and easily clean your lashes, you can use steam to dissolve the glue. Follow these detailed instructions for the best results:
- Take a clean saucepan and fill it with four cups of clear water. Optionally, you can add a drop of essential oil for fragrance.
- Place the saucepan on the heat and bring the water to a boil. Once boiled, remove it from the heat and let it cool down slightly to around 40 degrees Celsius.
- Hold the lashes over the saucepan, allowing the steam to reach their magnetic base. The duration can vary depending on the amount of dirt, but 5-8 minutes should be sufficient.
- After steaming, carefully remove any contaminants along with the magnetic liner.
It’s important to prioritize safety when using this method to avoid any burns. Remember not to immerse the eyelashes in hot water; instead, hold them over the steam. You can also use utensils like a fork, sieve, or cooking spatula as aids to hold the lashes in place.
Cleansing Magnetic Lashes Using a Cotton Swab and Rubbing Alcohol
This cleaning magnetic lashes technique is one of the most common methods employed. Prior to commencing the process, ensure you have all the necessary tools in place. For this technique, you will require the following items:
- A makeup remover specifically formulated for eye makeup removal, including magnetic eyeliner.
- Rubbing alcohol.
- Cotton wool.
- Cotton pads or sticks.
Step 1: Wash Your Hands
Begin by washing your hands under clean running water with antibacterial soap. It is crucial to have clean hands before handling magnetic eyelashes to prevent any potential eye infections. Place your hands under the stream of clean water and lather them with antibacterial soap for at least 20 seconds.
Pay attention to the key areas, such as the spaces between your fingers, the back of your hands, and beneath your fingernails. Rinse your hands thoroughly with clean water and dry them with a clean towel.
Step 2: Remove The Magnetic Eyelashes
Carefully remove the lashes without causing any damage. Use your fingers instead of your fingernails or tweezers. Firmly squeeze the lashes between your thumb and forefinger, and then slowly peel the strip away from the corner of your eye towards the bridge of your nose. The lashes should come off easily.
Step 3: Dampen Cotton Wool With Makeup Remover And Gently Wipe The Lashes
Take a piece of cotton wool and dampen it with the makeup remover. Gently swipe it along the false lashes, ensuring that you wipe the entire length of the lashes, including the magnetic strip. Continue this process until all the makeup has been effectively removed.
Step 4: Repeat The Same Process On The Opposite Side Of The Lash
Flip the lash over and take another cotton swab dampened with makeup remover. Repeat the procedure by scrubbing the entire length of the lash, starting from the base and moving towards the tips. Don’t forget to run the cotton wool over the magnetic strip. Ensure that all makeup is thoroughly wiped off.
Step 5: Use Tweezers To Remove Magnetic Eyeliner And Dirt
Inspect the lashes to ensure that no dirt remains. If you notice any residue, hold the lashes with your fingertips and use tweezers to gently remove the dirt. Be cautious and handle the lashes delicately to avoid causing any damage.
Step 6: Rub Eyelashes With Rubbing Alcohol
Soak a fresh cotton swab in rubbing alcohol and gently wipe the magnetic strip on the lashes. This step is crucial to completely remove any remaining dirt or makeup residue from the magnetic lashes.
Wet the cotton swab with rubbing alcohol and run it along the strip. Besides eliminating any leftover magnetic eyeliner residue, this will also help disinfect the lashes, ensuring their safe use in the future.
Common Questions About How to Clean Magnetic Lashes
Now that you are an expert at how to clean magnetic lashes, extend your newly acquired knowledge with these frequently asked questions.
Why you should learn how to clean magnetic lashes?
Improper removal of magnetic eyeliner can lead to eye inflammation or irritation. Therefore, it is crucial to understand the correct method for removing magnetic eyeliner. It is recommended to cleanse your eyelashes regularly, regardless of whether you wear makeup. The use of water does not harm high-quality eyelashes.
What you should know to properly care for your magnetic lashes?
Caring for magnetic lashes, especially when it comes to cleaning, doesn’t require much time. The key is to know and remember a few basic rules:
- Always wash your hands before and after use to minimize the risk of infection, as the false eyelashes come into contact with your eyes.
- Never remove lashes without first softening them. Removing them without proper care could accidentally cause damage.
- Always clean the lashes after use to remove any glue or makeup residue.
- Store the lashes in a designated container to maintain their appearance. High humidity and temperature can affect the quality of false eyelashes.
- Avoid exposing the lashes to water and high humidity. Moisture can weaken the adhesive strength of the magnetic tape.
- Remove the magnetic lashes before going swimming, taking baths, or going to bed.
- Avoid sauna and steam baths, as high temperatures can deteriorate the magnetic strip.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes or touching your lashes, as this can cause the magnetic eyelash to detach.
How to store your magnetic lashes?
To preserve the longevity of your Magnetic Lashes, it’s crucial to keep them in a secure location. Follow these steps to maintain their pristine condition:
- Store your lashes in the original AddictaLash box they came in. This will help retain their shape and prevent any damage.
- Keep your lashes away from light or direct sunlight. Sun exposure can alter their color, so it’s best to store them in a dark place. Additionally, ensure that the storage environment has low moisture levels.
By following these guidelines, you can enjoy your Magnetic Lashes for an extended period and enhance their lifespan.
How to clean magnets of the Magnetic Eyelashes
The magnets inside the product are a crucial factor to consider for ensuring sustainability. However, many people are unaware of the importance of cleaning the magnets properly. It is essential to apply gentle pressure while removing eyeliner from the magnet, taking care to avoid any scratches. To eliminate magnet residue, use 90% rubbing alcohol and a swab. Slowly rub the strip, but exercise caution to prevent distorting the lashes or accidentally detaching them.
Video HOW TO CLEAN MAGNETIC LASHES | MoxieLash
For a quick visual guide on cleaning your magnetic lashes, check out the video below. This short comprehensive tutorial will show you how to achieve beautiful, clean lashes in no time!
In conclusion, knowing how to clean magnetic lashes is a vital step in maintaining and extending the lifespan of your lashes. By following these simple yet effective steps, you can ensure that your lashes stay clean, safe, and ready for your next glamorous look. Remember, the key to preserving the lashes and preventing eye infections lies in proper hygiene, gentle handling, and appropriate storage. Practice these steps regularly and you’ll be a pro at maintaining your magnetic lashes in no time. It’s not just about looking fabulous, but also about doing so healthily and sustainably.